Facial Implant Surgeon
If you want a stronger profile, fuller cheeks, or a more balanced appearance to your face, you may be interested in facial implants. They can help you create the look you want to see in the mirror and give you more confidence in the way you present yourself to the world. It’s important to understand what facial implants are and what they can do for you – as well as how you will recover from the procedure. Learn more here from the Look Younger team.
Wow.... I love Dr. Lapuerta. He is never in a hurry and always listens to me. His staff is also awesome! I look forward to my appointments.
- Review form C. M.
- May 16, 2017
What are Facial Implants?
Facial implant surgery placed implants to contour and shape the face – most commonly by sculpting the cheeks, under the chin, and along the lower jaw. The surgical procedure requires that the surgeon create an incision and place the implants under the skin to provide fullness or definition where you want it. Many people choose to have the implants after trying facial fillers and liking the new look.
Chin, Cheek, and Jaw Implants
Adding volume and increasing symmetry are common reasons patients pursue facial implants.
- Chin implants are designed to reshape a chin. They are often recommended with a nose surgery to preserve the proportions of the face.
- Cheek implants can fill out a face that is sunken to help create a more youthful appearance. They are placed either on or under the cheekbone.
- Implants for the lower jaw help to give it definition, separating it from the neck. Many times, a doctor will recommend jaw implants along with a chin implant for a more cohesive look.
What to Expect from Facial Implant Surgery
Before the surgery, you will meet with your facial implant surgeon who will tell you what results you can expect. You will receive instructions on how to prepare for the surgery, such as avoiding certain medications and when you should not eat and drink before the procedure.
Much of the time, the surgery will require general anesthesia.
- For cheek implant surgery, incisions are made inside the upper lip or lower eyelid to reduce scarring. The implant will be placed inside the incision and secured in place.
- An incision is made under the chin for chin implants or inside the mouth.
- For jaw implants, an incision is made inside the mouth on the lower lip and the implants are secured in place.
Recovery from Facial Implant Surgery
Recovery from the surgery for your facial implants will depend on where they were placed.
- With chin surgery, you will have taping to help minimize the swelling. Sutures may need to be removed in about 7-10 days unless they are dissolvable.
- After cheek surgery, you will wear a dressing and will be limited on how much you can move your mouth and lips.
- Swelling is often significant with jaw surgery, but it will subside within a few days. You may be limited on how much you can talk or smile or move your mouth at all for several days.
Cost of Facial Implant Surgery
The cost of facial implant surgery can vary widely based on which procedures you are having done. When you meet with your plastic surgeon, you will get an assessment of the cost to help you decide if this procedure is right for you.
Contact Us Today
If you’re considering facial implants, you can rest assured that the team at The Plastic Surgery Institute of Southeast Texas will provide the best care. Dr. Leo Lapuerta has more than two decades of experience and has performed hundreds of facial implant surgeries. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation where you can have your questions answered.
PLAN YOUR PROCEDURE
- Average Procedure Time
- 1-2 Hours
- Procedure Recovery Location
Cheek Augmentation FAQs
What Are Cheek Implants?
This term generally refers to a procedure which inserts solid implant material into one’s cheeks and facial area. Generally, this surgery is chosen to counteract the loss of facial volume which comes naturally with age.
How Much Do Cheek Implants Cost?
This will depend on the unique circumstances of the patient. However, the average price in 2019 was $2,986.
Are Cheek Implants Worth It?
Absolutely! Bringing volume and mass to the cheeks will give patients a youthful, revitalized look which is sure to lift their confidence.