A woman who is considering getting breast implants has at least two decisions to make. One is finding a reputable plastic surgeon who is experienced in various breast implant surgery procedures. The second is selecting the right breast implant size and manufacturer.
Selecting the Right Surgeon
In many instances, picking the right surgeon for breast implant surgery Houston may be the easier of the two. Though the list of questions and considerations a potential patient can and should ask a doctor is long, five tips to finding a good surgeon are:
1. Create A List Of Top Rated Surgeons
Ideally you should get recommendations from friends, family members and coworkers who have had a positive experience with a surgeon who performs breast implant surgery procedures. Granted, not every person you know may want to admit to having this surgery, but some will. You can also look up a surgeon who belongs to a medical board that specializes in plastic surgery such as the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
2. Make Sure That The Surgeons Have the Right Qualifications
Among other things, the plastic surgeon must have completed both medical school and residency in plastic surgery. They need to specialize in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery for the breast and be certified by their specialty board. They also need hospital privileges for breast implant surgery Houston.
3. Set Up Consultations
Many surgeons charge for a consultation, and since breast implant surgery is elective, the patient’s health insurance will not cover it. Still, a consultation is important and paying $100 is a small price to pay to ensure you make the best decision possible to achieve your best results.
4. Ask Questions
Questions to ask are:
• How long has the surgeon been practicing?
• How many times a month does the surgeon perform breast implant surgery?
• What sort of post-operative care does the medical facility offer?
• How are complications handled?
5. Be Honest
The patient should also be honest with the surgeon about their own medical history and any past surgeries she’s had, especially on her breasts.
Some Breast Implant Surgery Tips
Breast implants come in a great variety of sizes and shapes. They can be made of a silicone shell filled with silicone gel or saline. Deciding on a breast implant is a personal decision, and here are five breast implant surgery tips that can be of use:
1. Ask for support from a friend of family member who has had breast implant surgery.
2. Consider why the breast implant is wanted. While breast augmentation is a minimally invasive surgery, it should not be done to please another person. A patient may want implants because her breasts are uneven in size; her breasts are too small; they’ve become unattractive to the patient after childbirth, nursing or a dramatic weight loss or she just wants to improve how she appears in her clothing.
3. Make sure to try on different implant sizers. These sizers are put in a bra that the patient puts on at the doctor’s office. She then stands in front of a mirror to see how they look and guide decisions regarding implant size.
4. Discuss the type of implant surgery with her surgeon.
5. Have realistic expectations when it comes to the surgery.