We’ve missed you! After several difficult weeks for everyone, the Great State of Texas is beginning the first phase of returning to a more familiar way of life! While we are all excited to begin this phase of re-opening, caution & uncertainty remain. As always, your health & safety are our first priority and you can be certain that our facility is operating according to up-to-date, best practice guidelines. These are based on the CDC, Texas Medical Board, American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Society of Anesthesiologists, AAAASF & Society for Ambulatory Based Anesthesia among others.
We want to share with you a brief overview of what you can expect and the changes we have implemented. For questions please call our office or visit https://lookyounger.net for more details of our COVID-19 Patient Protection Policy.
Our COVID-19 Patient Protection Policy includes:
Screening of ALL patients, visitors & staff PRIOR to and upon ARRIVAL at our facility. Screening is based on CDC guidelines for screening those who may be a potential source of Coronavirus infection. NO ONE will be permitted in our facility who may pose any known risk of Coronavirus.
- Fewer appointments will be scheduled with more time in between appointments.
- Patients should arrive AT their appointment time rather than arriving early.
- Patients should come alone to their appointments.
- These efforts will minimize the number of visitors to our facility & allow for social distancing.
Enhanced Practices for Reducing Infections
- 70% Alcohol Hand Sanitizer Gel is provided at check-in.
- We ask that patients bring a mask or we can provide a mask for you at check-in.
- You will be provided a pen for completing forms that will be yours to keep.
- All reading materials have been removed from waiting areas & exam rooms.
- All high touch surfaces throughout the office are cleaned with increased frequency throughout the day with an EPA registered hospital grade disinfectant. This includes the clip-board provided at check-in, door handles, counters, exam room surfaces & seating.
- Installation of air system Ultra-fine Particle Filters able to trap bacteria & viruses.
- EPA registered hospital grade disinfectant fogger applied at night throughout the week.
Unlike out-patient surgery centers that have large volumes of patients or hospitals that treat COVID-19 patients, our practice & surgical facility see a much smaller volume of patients who are generally healthy & thoroughly screened. Our on-site surgical facility, PSI, is an AAAASF accredited surgical facility. This is important because it ensures that our facility is 100% compliant with the highest safety standards for out-patient surgery, including guidelines for COVID-19.
- In addition to AAAASF requirements, our surgical facility is equipped with high frequency, air flow that passes through hospital grade HEPA filters 15 times per hour.
- All surgery patients will be tested for COVID-19 PRIOR to elective surgery.
- All surgery patients at our surgical facility will be provided with a mask for the pre-operative & recovery phases of surgery.
- Patients & all surgical staff are protected by the use of indicated N-95 masks & all recommended PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Anesthesia practices have been adapted, according to current guidelines, to minimize risks during surgery.
We are prepared & equipped to continue providing you the safest environment to achieve your full potential. We look forward to seeing you soon!
All the Best,
Dr. Lapuerta & Staff